Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Brazilian Food!!!


Whe never heard about the Brazilian bikinis?? I know they are famous...i just want to make sure that Brazil is so much more than that!! I'm tell a little bit about our barbecue...yes is delicious!! You can taste the famous Brazilian Churrasco...yes we call Churrasco hahahha at Rei do Gado 939 4th Avenue (between Broadway & E St) or if you travel to LA you can go at one of the best place to eat Brazilian barbecue called Fogo de Chao. The Brazilian BBQ means roasting and grilling meats over open flames, it's all-you-can-eat where the food comes to you, rather than going to a cafeteria-like counter. All the servers bring about large skewers with the different meats prepared in different ways. There's about a dozen or so choices, with beef, pork, chicken, and lamb. The only problem is, which is my problem, not the restaurants, is that the meats come to our tables too fast. And I am coerced into gobbling the food way too fast. Yes, I know, that is my problem. But all the excitement gets me caught up in eating too fast and eating too much. I would only suggest to them that they slow down and rather than come in these large waves of meat.

Anyways. . .its a great experience for large groups. And it is easier to manage when the bill comes.

What to Order: Yes (There's a Yes or No - if no, why even consider this place) - But I do recommend the Picanha - Garlic Prime Sirloin. The Lombo - Cheese and Pork combination is really tasty.

4 comments:

  1. Great tip! Fogo de Chao is the best! All you can eat baby!!! hahaha Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been recommended Rei do Gado by a Brazilian friend. I love to taste new things :) The waiters were friendly and excellent service!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rei do Gado is one of the best brazilian BBQ places in SD. It also has a great lunch special during the week, what makes the bill "tasting" better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna go to Rei do Gado. I miss all-you-can-eat meat buffet hahaha. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete